Monday, December 4, 2006

Another Serving Of Rolls

Three more additions for the blog roll:

Science News Online Updated weekly, this is the online edition of Science News, The Weelkly Newsmagazine of Science. It offers featured articles from the current issue, web-only features, and an archive of past articles. It also has an RSS feed which I may add to my feeds (as if they ever update.) I've referred to more than one article here when answering questions in Yahoo Answers.

Project Gutenberg It's the famous Project Gutenberg. the first producer of free electronic books. They claim to have 20,000 free e-books available and counting. I believe most all are available as plain text and some are available in HTML, Plucker, or MP3 audiobook form.

Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreaders The main source of new books for Project Gutenberg. Sign up and help produce the electronic books by proofreading one page at a time via their web interface. I've done a few myself and it's not hard. Just familiarize yourself with their conventions and markup and jump to it. You get to pick from whatever books are currently being proofed.

0 comments: