Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Let The Good Times Roll

Three more links have accumulated...

The Internet Speculative Fiction Database I only just discovered this one when I searched for a good representative link for a book I mentioned in a recent blast. It looks to be an extensive searchable database of science fiction (or speculative fiction, as it was earlier known and some prefer) authors & works, including listing of the various editions of each work published. Example pages: Isaac Asimov, Foundation, 2004 Spectra hardcover edition.

Think Geek Some of the geekiest t-shirts, toys, gadgets, books, etc. you'd ever hope to find. A few select items: Blue LED Faucet Light (Lights up the water streaming from your faucet), T-Qualizer Shirt (A t-shirt with a light-up graphic equalizer display that actually responds to sound), and The Red Swingline Stapler (Excuse me! That's my stapler!) Like I said, it's geeky.

PostSecret People from all over send in their anonymous and very creative postcards telling the world of a secret they have been keeping. Some are posted each Sunday. Others are published in the books the site owner compiles periodically. (I gave a copy of the first to my wife last Christmas.) It can really touch your heart in any number of ways, perhaps the most valuable being when someone posts the same secret you've been keeping. It can be very therapeutic to send one in too, I imagine. And sometimes they're funny or uplifting. Well worth a look. Search Amazon.com for postsecret.

0 comments: