Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More Sperm Results In


My wife says she talked to the nurse at the fertility clinic and she says my sperm count from the backup collection was 3 million. That's nothing to brag about - it's still in the infertility zone - but it is somewhere between 50% and 600% better than my previous count. The normal morphology went up from 0% to 1%, but I don't know what the margin of error is on that number, or if it could just be a result of the higher count in general.

Why the large spread of numbers? Because my wife didn't ask whether that 3 million was the total count or the motile count. My previous total and motile counts were 1.9 and 0.5 million respectively. They still haven't gotten back the full genetic testing results. I hope that means there's no rush to get them back because there's nothing wrong. That does seem to be the pattern with medical tests in my experience. Anyway, I guess we'll get clarification on the sperm count when we hear from them on that.

0 comments: