Monday, August 13, 2007

Dad's Home

My father went home Sunday. My mother doesn't drive, so my brother's father-in-law gave them a ride.

He called us today, but we spoke only briefly. He has a bit of a cough from some fluid in one lung, and has to hold a pillow he was given on his chest when he coughs. It also has a velcro strap to attach it to his seatbelt shoulder strap. I think this is about what he described. It's necessary to cushion and brace his chest while the sternum knits back together. I'll have to ask him how they fastened it together in the meantime.

He's still got a bit to go before he's back up to speed, but I think he's just glad to be home. Now the hard part will be keeping him from taking on too much while he heals.

1 comments:

Calista*Was*Here said...

I hope... never mind.
Be well.