Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Perfect Chip For Dieters

All I can say is WOW!

Against all advice from the last entry's poll, I went for the Fiery Habanero Doritos. Let me just say the serving size given on the nutrition label - about 11 chips - is probably the most realistic I've ever seen on a bag of chips. These suckers are HOT!

I'm a Cajun from New Orleans, so I'm no stranger to spicy foods. I enjoy wasabi peas when my wife lets me. (She can't stand the smell of them.) The first serving I had of these chips made my nose literally sweat. I've had food do that to me before, such as the aforementioned peas and the Chipotle Chicken Burrito from Carlos O'Kellys, but not after such a small portion.

That is why I think these are the perfect chips for the dieting chip addict: they make it very easy to limit portions. As long as these are the only chips you keep in the house you will never eat too many.

0 comments: