Sunday, November 5, 2006

Picture Day!

My wife and I attended a portrait party her sister hosted today. She had a professional photographer there taking pictures of us together, and with her family in various combinations. There were some of their friends there too. (I think my sister in law got a discount on her prints based on how many other sets were ordered.)

We usually don't go in for that kind of thing, so we weren't really looking forward to it. We really just did it for the family. Once we got into it, though, it was a lot of fun. We got a few poses and a lot of "candid" messing around shots. The shots with us and the kids were particularly fun. I ad-libbed some good poses & action there. Our younger nephew is a bit too well-trained by his mother to put on a smile for cameras, though, so I had to resort to tickling him a bit to get a real one out of him. (Parents - don't tell your kids to smile for pictures. Do something that will make them smile naturally or just take the picture of them doing whatever they're doing while paying no mind to the camera. Your pics will come out *so* much better!)

The proofs are supposed to be ready in a couple weeks. (I believe the photographer does a little editing & retouching work before showing the proofs.) *Maybe* I'll post one or two here. If they're really good, though, we may want to use one of them on an "about us" page on our retail site. In that case I'll likely not post them here, in order to better separate my professional and secret identities. I like to have this conduit to be candid with my views & opinions without risking offending any potential customers. (No, the nature of our business does not conflict with any of my views - I just like to keep it professional & neutral.)

0 comments: