Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today and Tomorrow

Today was almost a normal day. We went in to work at Secret Headquarters. My wife had no injections. Other than my ongoing computer problems it was all pretty much a regular day.

I spent much of the day alternating between filling in a few gaps due to a bit of understaffing to help catch up on work time lost to our appointments up to now, and working on my still-glitchy computer. Moving it to the cool side of the desk, while a good move I plan to stick with, did not solve the problem. So, after a quick consult with Answers I did a final system config backup and ran a reinstall from the Win2000 CD. I went with the less radical option of doing an upgrade install. Hopefully that will serve to repair the system. I had to run update downloads & installs for a good hour or more. After that I only had time to reinstall the Comodo firewall (which I had uninstalled as a suspect during my long period of diagnosis) and tweak its configuration a bit before we left.

Overshadowing everything today, though, was anticipation of tomorrow's egg retrieval. My wife is a little trepidatious about the procedure. She'll be sedated for it and we're told that because of the number of follicles to be aspirated it'll take about an hour. I believe they'll be sending me off to do my part while they prep her. I'm trying to keep a light and confident attitude about it all, both to ease her stress and so that I can be sure to be able to "do my part" well enough.

Back before the first progress check, she and I made a "funsies" bet on how many eggs we'd get. She said 10 to 15. I said 15 to 20. That was back before we learned that a half-dozen was good for someone her age, but also before we learned what a large number she would ultimately produce.

If you haven't read it yet, I believe I noted in a previous entry that the Dr. measured 12 good sized follicles Wednesday, and noted on the report that there were about 20 present altogether. They will be aspirating all of them and collecting everything she's got to give.

0 comments: