Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Things Are Better Than Expected

We went in for a final follicle check. The doctor measured twelve of them, and noted that there were about twenty total to be aspirated. Tonight we do the trigger shot - my big moment, and Friday we go in for the retrieval and the primary semen collection - my official big moment. I believe Sunday we'll hear about how many fertilize. Then Monday it's the implantation.

After the nurse went over the schedule with us I asked her how well we stacked up among women my wife's age as far as the follicles. She said it's one of the best they've seen at that age. Woohoo!

We were so giddy on the way out. It's a bit of an anticlimax to write such a short post about it, but there it is.

Anyway, now that my wife has done so well it's my turn to step up to the plate. My sperm count for the backup collection was significantly better than the one a month before, and the quality was a bit better too. I hope it's a trend. We'll find out Friday.

Keep wishing us luck! :)

0 comments: