Friday, June 15, 2007

Yesterday At The Fertility Clinic

I would have blogged this sooner, but my PC's been having fits.

So anyway, it was an up and down and up and down kind of day. We went in to have my wife tested and ultrasounded to see how she's progressing. It looks like she's got six or so follicles. One is bigger than the rest, but they're all of decent size for this stage of the game. For our age that's a real good number, but she's been reading message boards and hearing about people with a dozen to twenty of the things and was greatly disappointed when she heard she had six. Also her estrogen level was lower than she was expecting, and that all put her in a funk.

Since then she's learned, as mentioned above, that six is a really good number of follicles for a woman her age, and also that the estrogen level is actually right in the zone of where it should be at this stage of things. It will get higher later. So she's feeling better now, but for a while she was an emotional yo-yo (as was I, though I made sure to be "up" around her.) I'm guessing that's probably normal too.

We go in for another check Sunday morning. The retrieval will likely be early too, so I guess it's no more late nights for me until after the transfer. We're in the stretch now. Wish us luck!

0 comments: