Friday, April 20, 2007

Dealt a blow

We're just back home from the Dr. My wife is taking a nap.

My motile sperm count came in at 0.3M. They like to see more like 20M. Very very low. We went ahead and put them in - no sense wasting the chance, however slim - but we are now looking at IVF, or possibly donor sperm. IVF looks like it would be about $10k a pop and the Dr. says they've done it with a count as low as five. That's five sperm, not five million, so my count wouldn't really be a factor. The morphology report isn't in yet, though, so we'll see. I really don't want to go the donor sperm route, but if the IVF doesn't work out that may be all that's left. Surely out of a third of a million motile sperm there should be enough to find a good one, though.

I feel absolutely sick, but I keep reminding myself this doesn't mean it's impossible - merely difficult. Wish us luck.

0 comments: