Thursday, April 5, 2007

Feeling A Bit More Optimistic

We went to the dermatologist today to find out what options were available. Meanwhile, she has been back on her UVB regimen and seems to be improving. The PA told us about the new drugs, giving us some information we hadn't heard elsewhere about their particular effects and which would most likely help her.

My wife is apparently feeling optimistic about it as well, because she told the PA we were actively trying to conceive, so her treatment choices would be limited by that. I felt a little bit guilty at taking personal pleasure at her saying that. I guess I still have a bit of Catholic psychic detritus to sweep up. :) Anyway, I guess my fears may have been misplaced. If it comes down to it again, though, I'd make the same choice.

She was given a cortisone injection and a prescription for a specially-mixed ointment to ease the itching, and instructions to come back in a month for a follow-up. She was also given some brochures for the new biologics. We took in the prescription to be filled, but got busy at work and entertaining my parents and never got around to picking it up. She's definitely in a stage now where it subsides and recedes, and it is a very itchy stage as those last flakes linger and irritate the hell out of her. I'm doing my best to help, slathering on one moisturizer after another in order to find the one that will do the job well enough to let her get some sleep.

And that's where things leave off for now.

0 comments: